Sunday, March 6, 2011

A rare post, and a new album

Alright, alright, I admit I don't keep up with this blog as often as I should.

When I first started it, I wanted it to be a log of my production process and my creative output. But over the last few months, I've learned why that, for me, is impossible.

After I finished Pink & Blue, I was absolutely drained creatively. I had written two EPs and three full length albums in a row without a break over 3 years. I took a well deserved break from music, picking up my guitar for maybe only a few minutes per day when I had nothing else to do.

I also started rehearsing for live shows, as was my plan, with JC (who co-sings with me on P&B), but her obligations to school and work have me thinking that's just not going to work. Instead I suddenly decided I was ready to write music again.

While I started recording, I thought back to here, my neglected blog. It would intimidate me to think about. Going back to it after so much time has passed, about having nothing I want to say. Then it struck me. Struck me like a match at a fire party. (Yes, I just made that up.) I DON'T want to explain my process. I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, my creative process is incredibly personal to me. I don't want to share that process. At least, not right now. Not yet. Maybe in the future.

So instead, the original idea for this blog is dead. And a new one is born. From now on, this blog is here when I need it, and I'll post when I want to post, without obligation.

Feels good.

1 comment:

  1. What's your favourite song you've done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!! hi

    ReplyDelete